Hello, I’m Amanda
I’m so happy you’ve come to A Pinch of Faith. Here we encourage women to find their passions and use them to create a loving and Christ-centered atmosphere in their home. A judgment-free and pressure-free zone, there is always more to learn. So grab a seat, and a cup of tea and join us on this adventure in homemaking.
Here’s a little bit about my story…
Back in 2011, I was in college and still a tom-boy, leaning on no one but myself, despite my self-proclaimed Christian status. While I felt I was living the high life, I knew there was something missing in my life. I yearned for more. I looked to my mother to teach me the skills that I wanted, but she wasn’t able to help me.
It was in 2012 that I met my now husband and after a while of dragging my feet, I fell in love and started to realize God’s plan for me. Fast forward five years, a bout with cancer, founding this blog, a wedding, and a miscarriage, I think, I might finally be starting to go in the right direction. His direction.
While I’m in no way perfect, nor do I really keep up to the standards of Patty Pinterest or Holly Homemaker, I feel confident in saying that despite what I’ve gone through, I feel I run a happy, organized, and successful home; thanks to the Lord and His guidance and patience in my life.
Now I’m ready to help other young women looking to devote their lives to Christ and live as the homemakers that He called them to be.
Hello, friends! I’m Christina, a twenty-something wife and homemaker from rural Ontario, Canada. I am a full-time homemaker and I feel like it truly is my calling. When I have spare time I enjoy reading Christian fiction, blogging about homemaking and modest fashion, sewing and knitting, hiking or snowshoeing with my husband, and spending time with my chickens.
Want to know some fun facts about me?
- I had corrective laser eye surgery when I was 21, and have not regretted it once!
- In 2007 I stopped wearing deodorant/antiperspirant and have not looked back. No, I am not smelly, but that whole topic is for another post!
- I am not much of a veggie eater, but if I eat salad, I prefer to use my fingers and eat one piece at a time. If I am at a restaurant or someone’s home, I use cutlery!
- You will not likely ever see me wearing pants because I am a skirty girl for life! I made the choice to switch to skirts and dresses a few years ago and I love it.
- I can wiggle my nose up and down like a bunny, but I can’t flare my nostrils.
- I have always been a fast reader, but instead of reading each line after the other, I sometimes jump around the page to different sentences.
- Homemade bread is very tricky for me to make! I use a weird flour so I have not had success with traditional recipes.
- I graduated college with a diploma in Environmental Technology, and have not ever used my education. But my husband and I met through school, so it wasn’t a waste!
- I love canning and preserving food! I especially like foraging for berries and other fruit and making jams and jellies from them.
- People say I type on the keyboard very loudly!